William D. Mounce lives and writes in Washougal, Washington. As the president of BiblicalTraining.org, he offers world-class educational resources for discipleship in the local church. He has served as a preaching pastor and was a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He is the author of the bestselling Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, and many other resources. He was the New Testament chair of the English Standard Version translation of the Bible, and serves on the NIV translation committee. Learn more at billmounce.com.
If you’d love to learn Greek so you can study your Bible better, then this newly revised second edition of Greek for the Rest of Us is for you. Developed by renowned Greek teacher William Mounce, this revolutionary crash-course on “Greek for the rest of us” will acquaint you with the essentials of the language and deepen your understanding of God’s Word. You’ll gain a sound knowledge of Greek, and you’ll learn how to use tools that will add muscle to your Bible studies.
This book is divided into three major sections (Foundational Greek, Church Greek, and Functional Greek), each of which builds on the previous section and takes you to the next level. Depending on which levels you take, the book will teach you how to:
- Read and pronounce Greek words
- Learn the fundamentals of the Greek noun and verb system
- Conduct effective Greek word studies
- Learn the basics of Greek exegesis for biblical interpretation
- Decipher why translations are different
- Read better commentaries
- Be comfortable using reverse and traditional interlinears
- Understand the information displayed by biblical software