Wayne Grudem is research professor of Theology and Biblical Studies at Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. He taught at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School for 20 years. He has also served as the President of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood and President of the Evangelical Theological Society. He holds degrees from Harvard (AB), Westminster Theological Seminary (MDiv, DD), and Cambridge (PhD). He is the author of more than 100 academic articles and over a dozen books, including the bestselling Systematic Theology.
The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, of studying biblical teaching on centrally important doctrines such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ. Wayne Grudem's bestselling Systematic Theology has several distinctive features:
- A strong emphasis on the scriptural basis for each doctrine
- Clear writing, with technical terms kept to a minimum
- A contemporary approach, treating subjects of special interest to the church today
- A friendly tone, appealing to the emotions and the spirit as well as the intellect
- Frequent application to life
- Resources for worship within each chapter
- Bibliographies in each chapter that cross-reference subjects to a wide range of other systematic theologies.