Vernon M. Whaley is associate vice president of program development for music and worship arts at Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, Tennessee. He served for fifteen years as dean of the School of Music and director of the Center for Worship at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. He is author of several books including Called to Worship, The Great Commission to Worship, Worship and Witness, Worship through the Ages, The Dynamics of Corporate Worship, and Exalt His Name.
The Way of Worship is a practical, hands-on guide for readers seeking to better equip themselves as worshipers and worship leaders. Written by veteran worship leader Michael Neale and worship-theologian Dr. Vernon M. Whaley, this book combines skillful storytelling and biblical wisdom to help guide readers through the scriptural foundations and essential practices of worship. This book is ideal for anyone wanting a deeper more biblical understanding of what worship truly is, including:
- Worship leaders
- Youth pastors
- Worship team members
- College or seminary students training for ministry
Each chapter takes you on a journey of discovery through different important facets of worship. Each chapter features:
- River Story: Episodes in each chapter take you on a white-water rafting adventure and draw connections to the role of a worship leader
- Biblical Application: Provides concrete application of biblical principles to worship based on the most recent episode of the River Story
- Essential Wisdom: Addresses important issues facing worship leaders on a week-to-week basis
- Scripture Focused: Every chapter features an abundance of relevant Scripture passages to help you understand what the Bible really says about worship
Engaging, wise, and thoroughly steeped in Scripture, The Way of Worship is the go-to guide for Christians who desire to live and lead authentic worship.